Club Penguin Shops:Widget Regulations
- To request a widget, go here.
As of February 2014, the CPWN Staff have made new regulations for Shops to have widgets. This page explains the new regulations.
History of widgets on Shops
In late 2012, the Widget Editor right was introduced to CPS. However, after major overuse and distribution of the right, CPWN Staff merged it into the Administrator right. In 2014, the staff determined that even administrators were over-using the right, and as such the current regulations were set up.
In order for you to get a widget on Shops, you must comply with the following rules and regulations:
- If your widget would accomplish something that could easily be done with wikicode (e.g. a poll), do it with wikicode instead.
- Do not use copyrighted material (such as copyrighted videos on youtube).
- Do not use SWFs from storage SWFcabin or any other SWF storage sites.
- To get a widget created, you must submit a request to the current Widget Manager(s). With your request, you must submit the complete code that would be put on your widget, exactly what it is, and what it will be used for.
- You will be notified shortly after your request is reviewed, stating if your request was approved for creation or not. If it was approved, a Widget Manager will have already created the widget for you.
This is a list of the current Widget Managers on Shops: